I entered into an agreement with All-in-One Moving & Storage to pack and move my entire one-story house to a new two-story location approximately 8 miles apart.After electronic negotiations, we agreed to a flat rate of $1260.00; $650.00 for the move, $450.00 to be packed out, $35.00 to move a ceiling fan and $125.00 for an extra mover to insure a same-day move.

The owner even agreed to "include himself at no cost" to bring the total movers to 4 men (email also dated 9 JUL 2011). The owner then agreed to a $300.00 deposit, but when he processed my card he charged it for $1000.00. He called to explain the accident and asked if I wanted a refund, since we were moving a few weeks later I agreed to the charge. The movers were suppose to be at my house at 0730, but did not show up until 0930.

There were four females that came to pack the house; one of which was the owner's girlfriend who left promptly after the owner showed up. The owner did not move a single item nor return once during the entire day as he promised in his email. There were only two movers for the entire day; one had been with the company one week and the other, who happened to be the owner's cousin, had just started that day. They were able to pack and move the house in one day, but every single large item of furniture has significant damage.

The stairwell in the new property was damaged beyond words and had to be completely patch and retextured before being repainted. I, as the owner, worked alongside of the packers and movers and I had to remove items from boxes and repack them more securely or instruct the movers to secure items on the truck that I did not feel were adequately secured"”several times. At the end of the day and after reviewing the invoice I realized I did not get the extra movers I was charged for. I tried to call the owner to discuss this with him and he did not accept my call.

He then called his cousin, one of the movers, to find out what my issue was before speaking to me. I had to ask the cousin to tell the owner to call me back. At which time I tried to explain to the owner that I did not agree with the $125.00 charge since I did not receive the service. The only solution he would agree to was to give me a $60.00 credit; I paid the remaining balance in cash to the movers.

The owner was suppose to send someone to move the ceiling fan the next day and it was two days later before he even returned my call after several messages. I voiced my severe dissatisfaction with the company and pointed out some of the damage from the movers to the repair man. The owner called me later stating he would come out himself to repair the damage, but after experience what he thought was "stress free" moving and "professionalism" I had no wish to have him neither come in my home nor attempt to repair any of my furniture for fear he might damage it even more. Just to highlight the cost incurred from the damages, a few of the higher priced items included a solid buffet cabinet made from Indian Red Wood, two solid Oak bookshelves, a brand new computer hutch from Haverty's, and all of the items of my child's brand new bedroom from Crib-4-Life.

Two weeks later my credit card was charged for an additional $1000.00. I called the company for a refund and asked them how they were able to charge my card if they did not retain my information as they promised was their security procedures. The owner explained to me that it was accidentally filed in another account's record. When I told him that I was not happy about them mishandling my sensitive information the owner continued to argue with me that it was not mishandle and failed to understand how the above was considered a fraudulent charge since I did not authorized it.

He did refund the second amount charged, but I was not confident in their recording and security procedures.

In compliance with USAA's advice I filed a fraud claim against the company and cancelled the account.

Had an Experience with All in One Moving and Storage?

Comments

Tampa, Florida, United States #610119

IF WHERE TALKING ABOUT NATHANIEL B PARKHURST , I'D HAVE TO SAY WHEN HE WAS DONE SCREWING CUSTOMER'S OUT OF THERE HARD EARNED MONEY AND WITH NO CARE FOR THERE BELONGINGS FOR THE DAY HE WOULD TREAT US HARD WORKERS THE SAME WAY BY , KEEPING OUR TIPS BY SAYING WE DIDN'T GET A TIP.WHEN THE CUSTOMER'S SAID THEY LEFT US ONE.

, OR BY PAYING US FOR OUR WORK TIME AT THE END OF THE WEEK BY SAYING THE CUTOMER HASN'T PAID ME YET , SO I CAN'T PAY YOU YET. OR BY SAYING SORRY GUYS BUT I SPENT IT ALL ON (DRUGS AND ALCHOL) OR THE NIGHT HE SPENT WITH SOME GIRL NAMED PATTY BEHIND HIS GIRLFRIENDS BACK WHICH HE USED ALOT , BUT I'LL OWE YOU WITH THE NEXT CHECK.

I ONCE WORKED A 100 HOURS IN ONE WEEK FOR NATHAN AND WAS ONLY GIVING $ 90.00 DOLLARS FOR MY WORK.FEELINGS ARE: :( :sigh, ANGER AND ASHAMED !!!...

Did you also know the owner of All in One Moving and Storage - Nathan Parkhurst spent 7 years in prison for Robbery and kidnapping? Look him up on the FL. State website.